Friday, July 24, 2009

Oedipus The King by Sophocles

To me this one of the most dramatic and tragic stories that I have ever read in my life, it is not close enogh to the tragedy in Romeo and Juliet is way beyond that. When I began to read this tragedy I didn't realize the magnitude of the problem that Oedipus was going to face. As we kept on reading it, it was imposible not to get more and more into it, it was amzing. As the story flows and starts to solving the big mistery of who killed the old king, things were getting pretty bad. It was a very weird for me to know that at the end Oedipus was married to his mother and that his son and daughters were also their siblings. These made me think that sometimes people say "Oh I have very bad luck" but nothing compares to what happened to Oedipus and his family. It was a very intersting story in which I really liked and enjoyed reading it, eventhough it was very crucial and demolishing for Oedipus at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment