Saturday, July 25, 2009

Make a Difference!!!!!!!!

In my class ENC 1102 I was required to do five hours of service learning hours, so I decided to volunteer in Miami-Dade Animal Services Department. My experience doing my service learning hours was amazing. I chose this place because a love dogs, and I have some experience working with dogs. When I chose this place, I expected to do something that I like to, but I never thought that the work would be so important. In Animal Services there is a lot of work and there is a great necessity for volunteers. However, the work is rewarded when you contribute to save a dog’s life. The shelter provides care of dogs while they are waiting for being adopted, but this process takes time, so volunteers help showing animals to prospective adopters and helping them to select the right pet. Also, they help entertaining dogs to keep them happy while they await a new home, feeding and bathing them, and cleaning cages. I did my five-required hours, but I will keep volunteering because I realized that with a few of my time I can make a difference in these dogs’ life. I strongly encourage everyone who loves dogs to think about volunteer at Miami-Dade Animal Services, Make a DIFFERENCE while LEARNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment